Technician Animal Care
Job Ref: 20/334 | Organisation: TEC Partnership
Technician Animal Care (20/334)
£9,140 – £9,595 per annum (FTE Salary £18,281- £19,190)
18.5 hours per week
Fixed term until July 2022
Location: Nunsthorpe Campus, Grimsby.
The TEC Partnership is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation. We are officially an “Outstanding” educational provider.
We are currently seeking a reliable and dedicated individual who has experience and training / education of animal management for the exciting opportunity of a fixed term animal care technician as maternity cover until July 2022.
As an animal care technician you will be responsible within the technician team to maintain the health and welfare of the Animal care departments animal collection together with the assisting in the running of our commercial outlets including day kennels and dog grooming.
A fundamental role as an animal care technician is to support the overarching curriculum of the animal care department. This will include setting up areas for practical lessons, supporting academic staff and students within the practical area and also supporting for events such as welcome days / open evenings on occasions.
Other key duties include:
- Providing animal husbandry (including cleaning, feeding, watering, providing enrichment and enclosure maintenance)
- Supporting with the administration animal medication prescribed by vets
- Maintaining records including licenses with the local authority
- Ensuring practical areas are fully resources and ready for use in practical teaching and learning lessons
- Providing tours and demonstrations to designated groups and visitors.
- Supervision of student groups (from Level 1-6 in Animal Care and Animal Management) working in practical animal care areas in line with the requirements of the curriculum intent
- Maintaining animal health records
- Stock taking
- Supporting with the maintenance of stock books and other stock records and accurate record keeping
The successful candidate will hold a minimum level 3 qualification in animal management or related qualification. A degree in animal management or a related discipline would be beneficial. You will also have experience of working in an animal establishment with a range of different species to maintain effective husbandry of animals (feeding, maintaining accommodation, handling, health checks) and providing support and guidance to learners within education / training setting.
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is 12th December 2021
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.Full job specification Apply Online