Organisation: TEC Partnership
Location: GIFHE Nuns Corner, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BQ
Job Ref: 18/405
Wage:£ GBP£12,891 fte or £5,500 per module
Date Posted: 06/03/2020
Closing Date: 09/08/2020
Post Type: Academic
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Fixed Term From: 31/08/2021
Fixed Term To: 31/08/2021
Share this Job
Subject Matter Experts – Digital Technology Solutions
Subject Matter Expert (Business Information Systems)
£12,891 per annum for 15 hours per week
£5,500 per module completed
Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
We area seeking Subject Matter Expert for a Business Information Systems module with strong computing knowledge and experience to support the course development of a best-in-class online degree course. You must have experience in teaching and/or curriculum development in Computing, combined with up to date subject knowledge to create learning materials, interpreting validation documents and working to communicate undergraduate course plans to our Instructional Designers and Videographer who develop the on-screen content.
The Grimsby Institute is an Ofsted Outstanding, QAA Commended, TEF Silver, double Beacon Award-winning provider at the heart of the Humber, with success rates that place us in the top 10% of colleges nationally. The Institute is the only Outstanding FE provider in Lincolnshire and the Humber, with a reputation that attracts the most exceptional talent from across the region and a culture that nurtures and develops our staff to reach their full potential. We have a proven track record in delivering high-quality provision, on budget, as a £41.2m college delivering to 23,000 learners.
- Work collaboratively with teams at Grimsby Institute and our broader communities to provide the core knowledge upon which the course is built.
- Support the storyboarding process to ensure the project is communicated effectively, flows smoothly and meets the learning outcomes aligned to the validation document.
- Suggest and create learning activities, images, graphics, animations that create engaging functionality.
- Provide a clear understanding of the content to Instructional Designer to ensure a highly effective online learning content with on going communications
- Input on how to present the content in a most consistent and organised manner.
- Create high-quality content, focusing mainly on the quality of learning and making the module/s more effective.
- Craft content that supports the delivery of learning objectives.
- Provides valuable feedback on the development of the course
- Test, refine and review and validate the course content.
Mode of work
Subject Matter Experts may apply to work through one or several modules depending on their preference and specialism and paid as a fixed term permanent contract of on a freelance basis.
For freelance work, a fee of £5.5k is payable upon the agreed completion of each module build as “user ready”, as a result of freelance work and communication with our Instructional Designers and Videographer. Alternatively, the role may be a fixed term contract of 18 months paid at a rate of £32,288 fte per annum on either a full or part time basis for one of more SMEs looking to work on several modules.
In either case we would expect candidates to have at least 2 working days available per week to be dedicated to the work. Applications for either model will be considered.
You may choose to work and communicate remotely. The role may also have the potential to lead to a permanent post managing the online course, planned to launch in September 2021.
We are looking for Subject Matter Expert to work on our Business Information Systems Fundamentals – L4 module.
The closing date for this advert is Sunday 9th August 2020.
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2 or will be expected to obtain during their probationary period.Full job specification Apply Online