£4,000 for completion of the module
Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
We are now seeking a Subject Matter Expert in Project Management with strong computing knowledge and experience to support the course development of a best-in-class online degree course. You must have experience in teaching and/or curriculum development in Computing, combined with up to date subject knowledge to create learning materials, interpret validation documents and work to communicate undergraduate course plans to our Instructional Designers and Videographer who develop the on-screen content.
The Grimsby Institute is an Ofsted Outstanding, QAA Commended, TEF Silver, double Beacon Award-winning provider at the heart of the Humber, with success rates that place us in the top 10% of colleges nationally. The Institute is the only Outstanding FE provider in Lincolnshire and the Humber, with a reputation that attracts the most exceptional talent from across the region and a culture that nurtures and develops our staff to reach their full potential. We have a proven track record in delivering high-quality provision, on budget, as a £41.2m college delivering to 23,000 learners.
- Work collaboratively with teams at Grimsby Institute and our broader communities to provide the core knowledge upon which the course is built.
- Support the storyboarding process to ensure the project is communicated effectively, flows smoothly and meets the learning outcomes aligned to the validation document.
- Suggest and create learning activities, images, graphics, animations that create engaging functionality.
- Provide a clear understanding of the content to Instructional Designer to ensure a highly effective online learning content with ongoing communications
- Input on how to present the content in a most consistent and organised manner.
- Create high-quality content, focusing mainly on the quality of learning and making the module/s more effective.
- Craft content that supports the delivery of learning objectives.
- Provides valuable feedback on the development of the course
- Test, refine and review and validate the course content.
Mode of work
This role is on a freelance basis. A fee of £5.5k is payable upon the agreed completion of the module build as “user ready”. We would expect candidates to have at least 2 working days available per week to be dedicated to the work. You may choose to work and communicate remotely. The role may also have the potential to lead to a permanent post managing the online course, planned to launch in September 2021.
If you require any further information or would like an informal chat about this opportunity, please contact Emma Forrest-Leigh on [email protected]
The closing date for this advert is 29th November 2020
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2 or will be expected to obtain during their probationary period.