Skills and Employability Trainer ESF Project
Job Ref: 21/179 | Organisation: TEC Partnership
Skills and Employability Trainer ESF Project (21/179)
£21,261 -£22,473 per annum
37 hours per week
Fixed term until 31st December 2023
Location: Nun’s Corner, Grimsby
The TEC Partnership is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation. We are officially an “Outstanding” educational provider.
This post is funded by the European Social Fund and is part of the Humber work experience pilot project. The project involves engaging SMEs across the Humber, in order to create additional placements, internships or other activities with SMEs. These activities will enable students and graduates to gain industry relevant experience and skills.
The post holder will deliver a series of workshops, as well as a brokerage service. The post holder will also engage with key stakeholders to build collaborative partnerships with SME’s. This project is concerned with creating additional engagement and placements into SMEs and supporting the SME to host placements. The post holder will source meaningful/inspirational interactions with employers for young people.
The post holder will engage employers in curriculum design and delivery, focusing on priority industries where existing provision is not otherwise available. The post holder will also work closely with curriculum staff and Employability Co-ordinators to plan a range of employability activities for learners, including industry talks and visits. The principal objective of this project is to increase the level of influence businesses have on curriculum design to better align and respond to market needs, and to assist individuals to overcome the experience gap.
Required experience and qualifications for the post:
- Level 3 or higher qualification (or willingness to work towards in 12 months)
- Level 2 GCSE Maths and English to Grade C or equivalent or willingness to work towards within 12 months
- Professional standards and evidence of current practice within area of responsibility
- Work experience practices and legislation to support learner experience
- Knowledge of sector and local, regional and national employers
- Working with learners of all ages
- Promoting and developing work readiness skills
- Liaising with local employers
- Supporting learners in obtaining work experience placements Skills and Attributes
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A positive attitude to change
- Excellent time management skills, organisation and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is 28th November 2021
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.
Full job specification Apply Online