Organisation: TEC Partnership
Location: GIFHE Nuns Corner, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BQ
Job Ref: 20/058
Wage:£ GBP15,375 per annum (FTE salary £30,750)
Date Posted: 22/02/2021
Closing Date: 07/03/2021
Post Type: Academic
Contract Type: Permanent
Share this Job
Project Development Officer (0.5)
Project Development Officer (20/058)
£15,375 per annum (FTE salary £30,750)
18.5 hours per week – Flexible working practice is available.
Location: The role may involve meetings and activities across the TEC partnership, including our operations in Grimsby, Skegness, Scarborough, Beverley, Bridlington, Doncaster and Leeds.
The TEC Partnership is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation. We are officially an “Outstanding” educational provider.
An opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful team in project development. The role involves contributing to the research and writing of competitive tenders, business proposals and subsequently to support teams in the claims and controls of grant funded programmes.
The role is ideally suited to someone with education or public sector experience or is an excellent career development for a graduate and will involve:
- Undertaking directed research/policy reviews to inform the developmental opportunities to support The Institute and its subsidiaries to identify relevant grant funding calls and tender opportunities that are pertinent to the Institute. Produce a weekly summary report of emerging opportunities.
- Evaluating and making recommendations on new areas of opportunities to address learning and skills, community regeneration and business support, in line with the Institute Corporate objectives and services (locally, nationally and internationally).
- Leading on the authoring and submission of competitive tenders/funding applications on behalf of the Institute, under the direction and with the support of the Executive Director and Project Development Manager, and Faculties, collegiate management teams (commercial, grant and international opportunities).
- Directly contributing to the co-ordination, administration, performance and project management and preparation of claims for grant funded activities of the Institute and its subsidiaries, contributing directly to the income targets of the Institute.
- Assisting in the administration/implementation of project activity, including reports and information for external agencies such as the Government departments/Department of Education and the European Union, including support through monitoring and audit.
- Attending meetings (internal and external) in relation to research, partnership development and project development activities, as appropriate, to support the project development function.
The skills, experience and qualifications needed to be successfully in this role are:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Numerate with the ability to contribute to financial planning
- Creative and explorative mind
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to develop self and others
- Ability to build relationships of mutual trust and respect
- Ability to work with integrity at all times
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is Sunday 7th March 2021
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.
Full job specification Apply Online