Organisation: TEC Partnership
Location: GIFHE Nuns Corner, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BQ
Job Ref: 20/044
Wage:£ GBP£22,348 - £28,095 per annum (FTE Salary £26,250 - £33,000)
Date Posted: 17/11/2020
Closing Date: 13/12/2020
Post Type: Academic
Contract Type: Permanent
Share this Job
Programme Leader Animal Care
Programme Leader Animal Care (20/063)
£22,348 – £28,095 per annum (FTE Salary £26,250 – £33,000)
31.5 hours per week
The TEC Partnership is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation. We are officially an “Outstanding” educational provider.
We are looking to appoint a part time programme leader in the Animal Care department at the Grimsby Institute. The successful candidate must have experience at teaching in FE and/or HE and will have excellent knowledge and industry experience in the animal care sector. The ideal candidate will have passion for the sector and will be innovative and enthusiastic in their approach to teaching and learning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Programme management and design through liaison with industry and external stakeholders.
- Preparation for session and outstanding delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Supporting the provision of high quality learner experience through all stages of the learning journey.
- Managing learner cohorts towards achievement
- Designing, delivering and managing programmes where the development of skills, knowledge and behaviour is enabled and tracked in line with positive progression.
In this exciting and rewarding role you will be responsible for planning, data analysis i.e. retention, attendance and delivery of teaching. For this role you will need the necessary skills and competencies to drive the Animal Care Programme forward. You will develop employer confidence and work alongside local businesses to ensure the curriculum intent is in line with industry needs.
The successful candidate will hold:
- a full teaching qualification
- Relevant higher education qualification in animal care / management or related discipline
- Experience of lesson planning and delivery in further education, and or higher education · Previous experience of assessing learners progress and final assignments
- An interest, experience or relevant qualification in some or all of the following subjects would be desirable:
– Animal Health and Welfare
– Animal Handling
– Animal Behaviour
– Animal Feeding / Nutrition – Animal Accommodation management
If you are ready to join an experienced team and committed to influencing the learning experience of young people, then we would like to hear from you.
In return for your experience and skills, we can offer you a good salary, pension membership (TPS), access to a wide range of other Group benefits and opportunities for career and personal development progression. If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is 13th December 2020
Interviews will take place the week commencing 11th January 2021
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.Full job specification Apply Online