Payroll & Benefits Manager
Job Ref: 21/352 | Organisation: TEC Partnership
Payroll & Benefits Manager 21/352
Up to £35,098 per annum
37 hours per week (Flexible working and/ or part time considered)
Maternity Cover, to March 2023 at the earliest.
Location: Grimsby Institute, Nuns Corner
The TEC Partnership employs over 1600 staff at locations from Skegness to Scarborough with our main campus based at Grimsby. We are one of the largest employers in the area and one of the largest FE Institutions in England with a turnover last year of over £57 million.
Due to maternity leave, we are now looking for a temporary Payroll and Benefits Manager. Reporting to the HR Director, the successful candidate will head a small and busy team responsible for all aspects of the payroll, pensions and benefits provision for the Group. This is a hands on role but with significant strategic responsibilities with a remit to provide the best payroll service in the sector.
Experience & Skills Required:
The successful Payroll & Benefits Manager must have:
- Minimum 2 years payroll management experience (including year end)
- CIPP qualification (or equivalent) desirable
- Be able to think on your feet and hit the ground running.
- Take ownership of your workload with a flexible and proactive approach.
- Knowledge of iTrent desirable.
- Manage multiple payrolls in full from beginning to end.
- Process all pension administration across three different schemes.
- Full year end responsibilities including P11ds, P60s, annual returns etc.
- Full understanding of RTI legislation and responsible for the submission of necessary details to HMRC
- Wide experience of Auto Enrolment and to oversee the associated administrative tasks
- First point of contact for advice to colleagues and managers on payroll issues
- To keep up to date with the ever changing government legislation
- Broad knowledge base to advise on pay and tax laws
- In depth knowledge of payroll legislation and procedures
- Regular reporting to management accountants and the wider business
- Ensuring all payroll deductions of SSP, SMP etc are calculated correctly
- Liaising with HR in relation to HR and Payroll issues.
- Liaising with Finance in relation to payroll month end reconciliation.
- Production of payroll management reports and facilitation of KPI information.
- BACS submission and Month end reconciliation
- Manage payroll software and using such systems to provide accurate management reporting.
- You will be the point of contact for all audit and risk queries and responding to Payroll acute risk issues when required.
- Develop and enhance our range of staff benefits and discounts
- Ideally worked in Education Payroll environment.
- Able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy.
- Work under pressure to meet statutory deadlines and our own internal targets.
We use iTrent as our key system and applications from suitably qualified and experienced staff would be particularly welcome.
For the right person we offer a good salary, pension, 30 days leave + public Holidays and Christmas Closure days, a friendly and exciting working environment and the opportunity to make your mark on the function with a large and successful employer.
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is 30th January 2022
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.
Full job specification Apply Online