Lead Technician – Animal Care
Job Ref: 22/572 | Organisation: TEC Partnership
Lead Technician – Animal Care (22/572)
£21,579 – £22,810 per annum
37 hours per week
The Grimsby Institute is part of the TEC Partnership, which is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation.
We are now offering a fantastic opportunity to join the Grimsby Institute in the role of Lead Animal Technician If you are a team player who is passionate about helping learners reach their full potential, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
The faculty of Health, Wellbeing and Society are now looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Lead Technician to join the well-established team. This is a fast-paced and challenging role, in which you will work closely with the Curriculum Manager, to co-ordinate the existing team of Animal Technicians, to provide high standards of animal welfare for our diverse range of species, as well as support the implementation of our curriculum.
Other duties will include:
- Organisation of rotas, holidays and cover as well as performance reviews
- Ensure high standards of health and safety are implemented, and safe working practices are adhered to
- Provide customer service to all stakeholders
- Overseeing commercial activities including Dog Grooming and Day Kennels
- Provide lesson support to Programme Leaders
- Ensure ordering of goods is done in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of resources
This post may suit candidates with a Veterinary or Zoo, who are looking to transition.
About the person
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills with a focus on providing high Industry Standards, as well as experience of managing a range of species.
Candidates should also have:
- Level 2/GCSE Maths and English
- Level 3 or higher animal based qualification
- Relevant Health and Safety qualification
- ICT competency
- Knowledge of professional standards with the Animal Industry
In return for your experience and skills, we can offer you a good salary, pension membership, access to a wide range of other Group benefits and opportunities for career progression and personal development.
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is 4th December 2022
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and online screening. Other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.Full job specification Apply Online