Casual Programme Leader Animal Care
Job Ref: 21/221 | Organisation: TEC Partnership
Casual Programme Leader Animal Care 21/221
£19.34 per hour + £4.84 holiday pay
Hours are variable
Please note that this is not a permanent position. The hours are on an as and when basis.
Previous applicants need not apply
The Grimsby Institute is part of the TEC Partnership, which is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation. We are officially an “Outstanding” educational provider.
We are now offering a fantastic opportunity to join the Grimsby Institute in the role of a Casual Programme Leader. If you are a team player who is passionate about helping learners reach their full potential, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
The Faculty of Health Well-Being and Society supports many students from within the local area and offers provision from Further Education through to Higher Education. The Faculty has developed its provision and recruits well for the local area and is developing strong links with the community and that of its employers.
The Animal Care Department currently sits in the above Faculty and is now looking for casual Programme Leaders to lead on FE and HE programmes as required. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidates to become a member of the animal care department and contribute towards the design, delivery and assessment of outstanding curriculum.
The role and expectations for these posts include:
- Programme management and design through liaison with industry and external stakeholders
- Preparation for session and outstanding delivery of teaching, learning and assessment
- Supporting the provision of high quality learner experience through all stages of the learning journey
- Managing learner cohorts and tracking individual learner progression towards achievement
- Identifying and coordinating support to meet individual learner needs
- Designing, delivering and managing programmes where the development of skills,
- Knowledge and behaviour is enabled and tracked in line with positive progression
- Organising and leading on visits to support and enrich the learning experience
- Organising and facilitating guest speakers to support and enrich the curriculum Liaising with external examiners and all quality processes in line with ensuring positive outcomes on the delivery and assessment of learners
- Safeguarding learners and liaising with parents / guardians of learners and external services as required
- Coordinating programme module tutors and programme level meetings including course and at risk Recruitment of learners onto appropriate programmes and levels of study.
- Inducting, teaching, facilitating and tracking of learner progress.
About the person
The successful candidate will have a relevant higher education qualification in animal care / management or related discipline and Level 2/GCSE’s (grade 4 or above / equivalent) in Maths and English. The ideal candidate will have experience of curriculum planning and delivery in further education, and or higher education with previous experience of assessing learners progress and final assignments. You will have an interest, experience or relevant qualification in some or all of the following subjects would be desirable: – Anthrozoology – Animal Health and Welfare – Animal Handling – Animal Behaviour – Biology – Animal Feeding / Nutrition – Animal Accommodation management – Genetics, Evolution and Animal Adaptations – Animal training – Veterinary – Wildlife Conservation – Business
In return for your experience and skills, we can offer you a good salary, pension membership, access to a wide range of other Group benefits and opportunities for career progression and personal development.
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is 30th January 2022.
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.Full job specification Apply Online