Organisation: TEC Partnership
Location: GIFHE Nuns Corner, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BQ
Job Ref: 20/065
Wage:£ GBP£19.13 per hour + £4.78 holiday pay
Date Posted: 30/10/2020
Closing Date: 13/12/2020
Post Type: Academic
Contract Type: Casual
Share this Job
Casual Programme Leader Animal Care
Casual Programme Leader Animal Care (20/065)
£19.13 per hour + £4.78 holiday pay
Hours are variable
Please note that this is not a permanent position. The hours are on an as and when basis.
The TEC Partnership is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation. We are officially an “Outstanding” educational provider.
We are looking to appoint a casual programme leader in the Animal Care department at the Grimsby Institute. The successful candidate must have experience at teaching in FE and/or HE and will have excellent knowledge and industry experience in the animal care sector. The ideal candidate will have passion for the sector and will be innovative and enthusiastic in their approach to teaching and learning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Programme management and design through liaison with industry and external stakeholders.
- Preparation for session and outstanding delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Supporting the provision of high-quality learner experience through all stages of the learning journey.
- Managing learner cohorts towards achievement
- Designing, delivering and managing programmes where the development of skills, knowledge and behaviour is enabled and tracked in line with positive progression.
In this exciting and rewarding role you will be responsible for planning, data analysis i.e. retention, attendance and delivery of teaching. For this role you will need the necessary skills and competencies to drive the Animal Care Programme forward. You will develop employer confidence and work alongside local businesses to ensure the curriculum intent is in line with industry needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A full teaching qualification.
- Relevant higher education qualification in animal care / management or related discipline
- Experience of lesson planning and delivery in further education, and or higher education
- Previous experience of assessing learners progress and final assignments
An interest, experience or relevant qualification in some or all of the following subjects would be desirable:
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Animal Handling
- Animal Behaviour
- Animal Feeding / Nutrition – Animal Accommodation management
- Wildlife Conservation
In return for your experience and skills we can offer good rates of pay, pension membership (TPS) and access to a wide range of other Group benefits. Also if you are looking to progress to more permanent roles then this can be a great first step.
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is Sunday 13th December 2020
Interviews will take place the week commencing 11th January 2021
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2Full job specification Apply Online