Casual Employability and Skills Tutor
Job Ref: 22/101B | Organisation: TEC Partnership
Casual Employability and Skills Tutor 22/101
£19.62 per hour + £3.24 holiday pay
Hours are variable
Location: NET Grimsby
Please note that this is not a permanent position. The hours are on an as and when basis.
National Employer Training is part of the TEC Partnership, which is a large, innovative, dynamic and financially sound organisation. We are officially an “Outstanding” educational provider.
We are now offering a fantastic opportunity to join the National Employer Training in the role of Employability and Skills Tutor. If you are a team player who is passionate about helping learners reach their full potential, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
National Employer Training (NET) is part of the TEC Partnership, one of England’s largest providers of further and higher education. NET UK specialises in sector-specific training, education and recruitment. Supporting more than 11,000 qualifications gained per year and engagement with over 200 employers, NET is proactively helping individuals realise their potential.
As an employee of NET, you will support individuals in developing their skills in their chosen sector, improving their Maths and English skills and increasing their job prospects. It is a fast-paced and rewarding career for a motivated and enthusiastic person.
As an Employability and Skills Tutor, you will facilitate outstanding teaching and learning, as well as developing relationships with employers and creating business opportunities for our learners. You will monitor learner progress and ensure achievement of their goals, while implementing quality assurance plans to ensure the best possible learner experience.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- To carry out enrolment, initial assessment, induction, pre-screening and information sessions for learners and employers across all of the above areas.
- To carry progress reviews, action plans through the appropriate method and update learners and employers on progress towards achievement in line with college and contractual requirements.
- Work flexibility as part of the delivery team, contributing to the effective, efficient and quality assured processes, systems and procedures in order to ensure that a high-quality provision is provided to learners, employers and other stakeholders.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks within set time frames to ensure that all results, queries, registers are accurately processed and responded to in line with agreed internal and external customer expectations and requirements.
- To invigilate exams/assessments as and when required by the line manager.
- To update own teaching materials and resources as and when required.
About the person
The successful applicant must have experience delivering to unemployed learners and be confident in teaching to classroom and virtual groups. The successful applicant must be IT literate and competent with Microsoft packages.
Candidates should have experience in a training and education context, and ideally have experience with Employability and Internal Quality Assurance. Prior experience of working with employers would be advantageous. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills to be able to build relationships with learners and employers and be flexible in their approach. You will have strong organisational and administrative skills and be able to work as part of a team to achieve outstanding practice. Candidates should have access to their own transport and be willing to travel to all group sites (mileage will be paid). Knowledge of Local Labour Market and ESF Projects – LEAP, delivery and assessment of NVQs and customer service practices in a service environment is advantageous.
- Level 3 or higher teacher/training qualification
- Assessor qualification
- IQA qualification (or willingness to work towards this)
- Level 2 ICT (or willingness to obtain within 6 months)
- Level 3 Vocational qualification.
In return for your experience and skills, we can offer you a good salary, pension membership, access to a wide range of other Group benefits and opportunities for career progression and personal development.
If having read the job description you are interested in this role, please press the “Apply Now” button and send us your application.
The closing date for this advert is 22nd May 2022
The TEC Partnership is committed to Prevent Duty, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and promoting British Values within the workplace. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Safeguarding is a priority for us, as well as ensuring the welfare of children and young people and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the DBS, references that cover the last two years of employment and other checks may also be required.
Please note that all employees must have Literacy and Numeracy to at least Level 2.Full job specification Apply Online